Spring is all about new beginnings, so what better time to clear out the clutter and update your wardrobe? As a personal stylist, it’s my job to edit my client’s closets each season to ensure that they’re always looking their best. Of course as my own best spokesperson, I also have to practice what I preach - and so my own closet is an ever rotating collection of old and new.
Although the idea of getting rid of anything can be daunting (especially if it cost a pretty penny) it’s actually quite cathartic, trust me. By ousting the things that you don’t love, you will be able to see the things that you do. Plus, with all of the consignment stores on the market, it’s easier than ever to resell unwanted goodies and get some of that cash back into your pocket.
Check out my 5 step guide to pain-free Closet Cleansing, sure to put a spring in your step this season…
WHERE TO SELL
Once you've done the dirty, work, these online consignment stores are available to anyone in the country, and are a great way to earn cash on your closet!
- Thread Up: Consignment and either keep the proceeds, or donate to a charity of your choice.
- The Real Real: Consignment with white glove service (home pick up) available. (Contact Skye Lehman at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Linda’s Stuff: An Ebay store with great rates, and free pick-ups by mail. (Contact email@example.com)
- Bella Bag: Cash for handbags.
- Rebagg: Cash for handbags.
- Walk in My Closet: Online consignment for clothing and accessories.
Photo credit: Getty Images for Reed Krakoff